Q. I will be 62 next year and am a CSRS Offset employee. I would like to know if I can apply at that time for Social Security benefits and retire afterwards (within a few months), and whether a salary is reduced as it is with the pension. A. You may apply for Social Security benefits while you are still working. Your earned income will not be reduced by the offset provision of your retirement system.
- L Funds after retirement
- TSP rollover
- CSRS Offset and salary reductions
- Social Security and the Government Pension Offset
- Avoiding the WEP
- Are these considered wages?
- Moving TSP account balance to different L Fund
- Social Security “file and suspend”
- Calculating FERS substantial earning years
- Using Roth TSP to buy an annuity